Scope and objectives
What personal information do you collect?
“Personal information” refers to any information about a physical person which could identify them in their personal life, either directly or indirectly. We only collect the personal information required to establish, manage and maintain our relationship with you. With regard to employees and job applicants, in the majority of cases we collect the following personal information only:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address, mailing address, telephone number
- Information included in your resume
- As applicable, during the hiring process or the course of your employment—your bank details, social insurance number (SIN), emergency contact details, and information pertaining to your health, insurance, workplace equality and income tax.
We may collect personal information through administrative forms on our careers website such as our applicant tracking system and contact forms, when you sign a contract, or, more broadly speaking, when you speak with an employee or representative by email, telephone or in person.
We may also collect personal information from third-party sources with your consent or, solely when permitted by law, without your consent. For example, if you apply for a position with us, we may be required to run background checks with the relevant authorities.
How do I give my consent?
The personal information we collect about job applicants and employees is necessary to finalize and fulfil employment contracts. We will ask for your consent when we collect said information. If you do not consent, we reserve the right to withdraw our job offer or, as applicable, terminate the employment contract.
This Policy functions as a request for consent for information collected on our websites.
Security and governance
Information security is a top priority. In addition to the administrative measures listed below, we have implemented reasonable physical and technological measures, taking into account the sensitivity of personal information, how we use it, its quantity, its distribution and medium.
How will you use my personal information?
We only use your personal information for the following:
- To manage employee and HR files
- To process your benefits and corporate programs
- To process payroll
- To run background checks
- To check your reason for absence
- To meet regulatory requirements relating to occupational health and safety or occupational illness
- To provide the computer equipment you need to carry out your work and your access chips
- To bring you the website and ensure its security and optimal performance
- To respond to your requests to exercise your rights
- To manage our ERP system, as applicable
- For corporate communications (internal and external)
- To wish you a happy birthday
- To coordinate with employment agencies, as applicable
All Plaisirs Gastronomiques employees who use personal information are bound by confidentiality protocols. Furthermore, they can only access the personal information they need to carry out their respective duties. We will only use your personal information for the purposes listed above except where the law permits us, in very limited circumstances, to do so without your consent.
Furthermore, in order to provide our services, we have to disclose your personal information within Quebec and Canada.
If we are required to disclose your personal information outside of the province of Quebec, we will conduct a privacy impact assessment beforehand, which takes into consideration:
- The sensitivity of your personal information
- Its intended use
- The protective measures in place
- The legal system in place in the State where the personal information will be disclosed
We will only disclose the information if our privacy impact assessment demonstrates that the information will be adequately protected under generally accepted personal information protection principles.
How long will you retain my personal information?
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with legal retention requirements, and for as long as is necessary to protect our legitimate business interests. We reserve the right to implement personal information disposal policies. If you ask us to erase your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request as quickly as possible.
What are my rights?
Please note that requests to exercise your rights must be sent to our personal information protection officer.
Concerning your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the use, disclosure, retention and disposal of your personal information
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold on you and, if applicable, to obtain additional information about its use, disclosure, retention and disposal
- In some cases, you have the right to oppose, restrict or withdraw your consent to these operations, by submitting reasonable notice to the email address supplied at the end of the policy
- The right to correct any inaccurate or misleading information and to complete your personal information where the information we hold is incomplete
- The right to erase your personal information, subject to our legal obligations
- The right to be informed of any privacy incidents affecting your personal information and which may result in serious harm. For this purpose, we keep a log of privacy incidents and assess the harm they may cause.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to the address provided at the end of the policy. We respond to all requests within 30 days of receipt, except where the law permits an extension. Subject to legal restrictions, in the event that we refuse to provide you with access to or the ability to correct your personal information, we will notify you of the reasons justifying our refusal, how you can appeal this decision, and the applicable sections of the law.
When you use our website or a company computer, data, known as cookies, is automatically compiled. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Your geolocation
- Your operating system
- Your language preferences
- Your internet service provider
- The date and time you accessed the website
- The identity of the website which linked you to our website
- The content viewed and downloaded on our website or the number of times you visited our website
You may erase cookies from the hard drive on your computer, block cookies or receive a warning before cookies are saved to your device.
Who is the personal information protection officer?
Plaisirs Gastronomiques’ personal information protection officer is our VP of human resources.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plaisirs Gastronomiques reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. Any changes made to this policy will be detailed on our intranet.